Show the world that humanists stand for equality. March with the AHA at the National Equality March this weekend!
Endorsing the National Equality March is just one way the AHA is fighting for LGBT equality this fall. We're also in the midst of organizing an exciting new project--the LGBT Humanist Council--which will work on issues such as marriage equality for all, anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community and repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell. We'll also be helping to organize local LGBT councils across the nation. This project is desperately needed at a time when more Americans than ever want full equality for the LGBT community--yet many forces of intolerance on the religious right are determined to stymie all attempts for progressive change. Be on the lookout for more information from us and a new website coming later this month!
We need to show that humanists stand for equality-and we'll need your help! Here are a few things you can do:
1. March with us this Sunday at the National Equality March. Let the world know that humanists support LGBT equality by donning your happy humanist logo at the march. Connect up with other AHA members and supporters who are participating in the march through our Facebook event .
2. Become an individual endorser of the National Equality March. Click here for more information.
3. If you can't make it to DC this weekend, look for events happening in your area. Find events near you by searching for your local National Equality March Facebook group here.
4. Meet with your senators and representatives in his/her local office. Our elected officials need to hear from us at home about the importance of equal rights for the LGBT community. Make sure to tell them that humanists stand for equality. Click here for more information about setting up meetings.
5. Stay tuned for more information about the LGBT Humanist Council.