Humanist Heroine Award Guidelines
- Advancing constructive societal deliberations about gender justice and human rights; and
- Leading progress somehow in constructively moving away from violence and abuse, dominant-subservient relationships, patriarchy, belligerance, and oppression and moving toward humane treatment, constructive inclusiveness, equal opportunity, fair play, partnership, and creative collaboration; and while
- Promoting non-theistic approaches effectively for the greater good of humanity; and while
- Distinguishing oneself within chosen field/s.
- We welcome suggestions of suitable nominees for this and other AHA awards* in all seasons!
- Complete nomination application is requested by about 15 months ahead of award date.
(eg. If award is to be given in April of 2014, submit nomination before/by January 2013)
- The Feminist Caucus of the AHA confers with AHA Board via the Executive Director and often selects winner by 13 months ahead and usually no later than 11 months ahead of the bestowal.
- AHA tries to firm up priority lists more than a year ahead, then approaches nominees for the
various awards many months in advance in order to work with them.
- The Humanist Heroine Award, along with others, is given at AHA in spring (6/2012 in New Orleans).
Usually done by email with phone follow up:
- Provide Name; Descriptors/Roles/Titles/Fields; Contact Information for Nominee
- Give any especially useful links to more information about the nominee
- Outline Qualifications relative to Award Purpose and Criteria -Provide name, phone, email of nominator/s
916 Royal Blackheath Ct, Naperville IL 60563-2304 USA Ph&Messages 630/420-4233
Find details at **DuPagePeaceThroughJustice.org ***USServas.org